Keeping healthy in a crazy world.
So, I can't help but think that we are starting to realise that if we don't have our health, we don't have much.
In fact, if we don't have our health, we don't even have an economy!
(I am convinced that there is MUCH MORE going on globally then what we are being told, but I won't go into that here.)
Now, more than ever, I hope that people are waking up to realise how valuable their health is. It is never something that we should take for granted.
Some simple, basic steps to good health. These are just a starting point, but you can go MUCH DEEPER.
1.Eat a wholefoods diet.
Cut out the CRAP- refined and processed foods, sugar, preservatives and any food-like products. Eat as close to nature as possible. Bonus points for local, chemical-free or organic. Eat a diet that we are biologically designed to eat. Personally, I steer towards a traditional/ancestral/paleo-type diet.
2. Support your microbiome! Your body is a dynamic interplay of microbes. In fact, you are just a teeming mass of bacteria (cool huh!?) For every 1 human cell, you are 10 microbial cells.
-Eat live, naturally fermented foods. -Garden and play in the soil- soil-based organisms rock! -Have pets -Don't over-sanitize your body (body wash, hand sanitizer etc.) -Be mindful of unnecessary or over-prescribed medications that can damage/destroy/alter your microbiome. -Get into nature. A study showed that the greater biodiversity in your outer ecology = greater ecology in your inner ecology.
3. Drink good quality, ionized, restructured water. I can't stress enough, the importance of good quality water. I have a Kangen water system. It is an investment, yes. But my family's health is everything.
4. Get into the sun! Safely. Low vitamin D levels are a huge factor in lowered immunity.
5. Ground and get into nature if you can. Even if it means standing barefoot in your backyard. This is so important. Bonus points for the beach, bush or waterfalls (as far as physical distancing allows.) Swimming in natural bodies of water are fantastic too.
6. Minimise screen usage. Turn off wifi at night. Take measures to protect you and your family from this shit. Somewhat necessary, sure. Insidious, yes. Avoid and protect as much as you can.
7. Support your vagus nerve and stay in your parasympathetic nervous system. Ways that I like do this include: cold showers, ice baths, Wim Hoff breathing, singing, chanting, meditating, EFT (emotional freedom technique, or "tapping"), frequency healing- I LOVE my Healy bioresonance frequency device!
8.Sleep. Quality sleep is important. I'll be honest, this is not my strong point, but I am working on it. Remove wifi, technology, devices etc from the bedroom.
9.Exercise. Move. Dance. Shake. Lift. Stretch. Squat. Play. Our body is designed to MOVE!
10. Practice gratitude. Control your thoughts. Your inner world reflects your outer world. Laugh. Find a spiritual practice that makes you feel connected.
11. Community. Be the change. Create local, grass-roots movements of community support. Practice kindness. Support local business. Check on your neighbors. Now is not the time to turn on each other. We need to support eachother more than ever. Remember, we are in this together.
What else would you add to this list?
Yours, Sammi xx